In order to apply for a VISUM for Germany you need a blocked account (Sperrkonto).
The following instructions will help you create a blocked account:
- Click on this link
- Click on "BLOCKED ACCOUNT"
- Fill in with information about your occupation
- Select the nationality stated on your passport (if you are a dual citizen, simply choose one)
- Write your age
- Answer the question about USA resident taxes (You will be considered a United States resident for tax purposes if you meet the substantial presence test for the calendar year. If you have a working visa in the United States of America and were employed, you are paying taxes. If you were born and are living in the US, you are most likely paying taxes. If you fall into any of the above categories, we cannot provide you with a Blocked Account now.)
- Calculate the amount you need to block (for students, the presumed annual requirement that must be paid into the blocked account is currently 8640 euros, which makes it 720 euros per month. However, if you have already confirmed with your visa-issuing authority that you are granted to block less than 720EUR/month because of scholarship etc. (for example, you receive 300EUR/month scholarship so you only need 420EUR/month to be blocked in your blocked account to make 720EUR/month), you can adjust the amount and send us the proof of the scholarship etc.) Remember to consult the visa-issuing authority before you decrease the amountIf your authority says you need to block more than 720EUR/month, apply with 720EUR and contact us right away to increase the amount and we need official proof for that.
- Fill in the form with your personal information
- Provide your German address, in case you already have one. Otherwise use your home address in the country you are living in
- Provide information about your studies in Germany (only study periods after graduating high school counts. Please keep in mind that all university students must be insured in Germany. If there is a gap between your arrival and the start of your studies, you need to have private health insurance to cover this gap until you begin to study.)
- In case you have kids, indicate it
- Upload a coloured copy of your passport and provide the information written on it
- Give information about your TAX STATUS
- Summary: check all the information you provided
- Apply clicking on "CONFIRM AND SUBMIT"